This is Cat Island. It is located in Tashirojima which is a small island in Ishinomaki, Miyagi, Japan. With a population inhabited by mostly cats.
I was not expecting that!
I don’t think anyone was expecting that!
REALLY just wanna take this chance to remind the people who follow me to not kill/trap opossums if they’re in your yard, and do not call animal control! Seriously.
- Opossums are literally 100% BIOLOGICALLY INCAPABLE of carrying rabies. Their body temperature is too cool to incubate it properly.
- Opossums are actually quite gentle and NOCTURNAL, so if they’re roaming, they’ve probably gotten lost, been injured, and are looking for a place to hide.
- Young opossums tend to try to climb into garbage cans when they’re starving. This is because THEY ARE LITERALLY STARVING. Don’t fucking shoot them or hit them with things because you wanna be some fucking macho top-of-the-food-chain cocksucker.
- Mama possums are amazing mothers and if you encounter an “aggressive” opossum, it’s probably because she’s got babies hanging off her nipple and she’s freaking out. They’re clumsy. Sometimes they don’t hear you coming and you catch each other off guard.
- Wanna lure an opossum off of your property? You can set up a box with some greens and cat kibble in it, hide it well, and lure them out that way. They’re actually quite harmless and keep other predators away. they eat lotsa gross stuff.
- Opossum mamas who get hit by cars often still have their helpless babies attached to them. Possums get a bad rep and people say they are “the dumbest animal”, but they are incredible creatures who have been around since the days of fucking dinosaurs so treat them well, okay?
A World Globe Made Out of Thousands of Individually Painted Matchsticks
part of me appreciates the art and part of me wants to set it on fire
Some people just want to watch the world burn…
Yeah sly’s skin is darker stupid get it right
Oh I’m sorry. Is this better?
WTF IS THIS HUH?
by artist Isaac Cordal
More information about his art here
For another art piece about the detrimental state of the future
So Saturday was basically the best day of my life.
I ran into Sly, Aleks and Koots right before the signing I quickly said hi, but they had to leave to figure everything out.
I talked to Seamus for a bit to point out where the rest of the guys were.
After waiting in line for like an hour and a half I finally got to the front.
Sly hugged me almost immediately, and asked if I wanted a picture to get signed, I kind of awkwardly held up my poster and he said, ” don’t worry we’ll sign that too, we’ll sign all your things.” I started crying because I was so nervous and he was being so sweet. When he saw I was crying he pulled me into another hug and then another to try and get me to stop crying. Then he told me to quickly take a picture which resulted in the above.
Kootra was next and I didn’t really say much because my entire mind went blank. I regret not saying more to him. He was the only one I didn’t hug and I regret that too - if Kootra is reading this, it was nothing against you I just momentarily forgot how words work - He signed my stuff and then told me he liked my shirt (the water cooler gang). He’s a huge dork.
Then was James. He signed my poster and accidently scribbled on the back of it. I must have looked super unimpressed - I do that a lot when I have bad anxiety - because he asked if it was okay. I said yeah and asked for a hug. He looked really happy and then said of course.
Next was Aleks. Honestly I was really scared to talk to him, but he signed my stuff. My brother started talking to him so I was like hey I wasn’t done, and Aleks and Seamus repeated it teasingly. Then I asked for a hug. He stood up and wrapped me in possibly the tightest hug I have ever received. I wish I could relive that hug a thousand fucking times because nothing will ever be as great as that moment. He pulled away and said that was a great hug.
Seamus signed my stuff and when I asked for a hug he said you only have to ask. I wish I had said more to him about how he’s basically my best friend, but I’m glad I got a hug.
Dan was last. He told me he was glad I had the Starwhal poster because he gets to sign those ones. Then he stood up and reached out and said hug? I nodded and then he gave me a huge hug. We talked for a bit before I left. He’s such a sweet guy.
I really wish I had a better chance to tell all of them how much they all truly mean to me, but I am so happy I even got to meet them.
THIS IS WHY I NEED TO GO TO A CREATURES MEET UP